The moment you acknowledged Christ as your lord and personal savior, you became entitled to the covenant promises from God. These promises can’t be taken from you, and they are not based on what you did, but what Christ did when he died on the cross. You see the convenant is like a heavenly 401k plan, or stock, but the only thing you had to do was submit your life to Christ!
One of the first, and main, blessings we received in the covenant was eternal life(1 John 2:25). Eternal life means that once you die, you will live on in heaven with our Heavenly Father. You see we all were predestined for hell, but the only way to redeem us was with the shedding of the blood of Christ. No other blessing will surmount to this, and for this we should forever be thankful!
The promise of God are yes, and amen. Nothing you do can take them from you, and if you can find them in the Bible, then they are yours!
Here is a list of a few:
- You will be blessed in the city and blessed in the country.
- The fruit of your womb will be blessed, and the crops of your land and the young of your lives.
- Your basket and your kneading trough will be blessed.
- You will be blessed when you come in and blessed when you go out.
- The Lord will grant that the enemies who rise up against you will be defeated before you. They will come at you from one direction but flee from you in seven.
- The Lord will send a blessing on your barns and on everything you put your hand to.
- The Lord your God will bless you in the land he is giving you.
- The Lord will establish you as his holy people, as he promised you on oath, if you keep the commands of the Lord your God and walk in obedience to him.
- Then all the people on earth will see that you are called by the name of the Lord, and they will fear you.
- The Lord will grant you abundant prosperity—in the fruit of your womb, the young of your livestock and the crops of your ground—in the land he swore to your ancestors to give you.
- The Lord will open the heavens, the storehouse of his bounty, to send rain on your land in season and to bless all the work of your hands. You will lend to many nations but will borrow from none.
- The Lord will make you the head, not the tail. If you pay attention to the commands of the Lord your God that I give you this day and carefully follow them, you will always be at the top, never at the bottom.
And this is just in one chapter of the Bible(Deuteronomy 28:1-14). The Bible has more than 3000 promises for you and I! All you have to do is search the scriptures, and find the ones you need in your life!
The reason why the word of God is fought so hard is due to the promises, the blessings, and the life it consists of. No one is going to pull them out for you, that’s why the Bible instructs us to meditate, both day and night, on the word of God(Joshua 1:8).
~the more word you carry, the more the word will carry you….